Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Today. A Day like most other days.

I'm beginning to believe that I live in some strange land where everything takes twice as long. A fairy land of 'hurry up and wait.' Or, maybe this is just midwest living?

I spent a lot of time on the phone today with lots of different people to try and fix my internet. Its not really fixed, but the consensus seemed to be 'well, if that's the way it is. that's the way it is.'

Also, my on-again, off-again relationship with Charter is . . . on-again. This time its the crazy-making buzzy hum that emits from my tv, but only when I'm watching cable.

And I still have water damage, and no word on when 1) roof will actually be fixed and 2) when yucky icky stainage on the walls will be a thing of the past.

Did I tell y'all about Mortimer? He was the cockroach I killed the other night. A bloody huge one. I measured him post-mortem. 1.5 inches of buggy carapace. Antenna another 2 or more inches.

Sigh. Its enough to make a girl miss southern Italy. The weather was actually nicer in Naples. And the pizza was tasty and cheap and not 'snot on a cracker'. And everyone expects everything to take twice as long, so you can be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't. And even tho' there was garbage - I never saw a cockroach/rat the whole two weeks (a better comparative average than the two weeks here.)

Oh, and not to be all complainy - but my shuttle bus is kind of scary. Like there was a crack or meth addict on it this morning (with sores), and on the ride home (at 11:30 am) one nice lady had already gotten her drink on. Mmm, yessir. I don't think I've ever smelled public transportation so redolant with spirits. At least, I am willfully hoping that it was the lady and not the bus driver.

No comments: