Thursday, September 4, 2008

It was a dark and stormy Thursdsay

I have been remiss.  

I know.  

I've been busy.  School has started and there is lots to do.  Most of it involving me, the library and a photocopy machine.  Hence, there has not been a lot of Missouri Experience Project.  

I did, however, go to Costco.  It took us twice.  The first time we shaved the arrival time too close and then messed up on the freeways.  BUT as we headed across the Ole Miss to E. St. Louis (anybody seen National Lampoon's Vaca?) we did see the most ghetto-pimptastic school buses ever.  They were lit up like a moving discotheque.  And one of them was towing a fine looking SUV.  Costco was closed by the time we got there. So we went and had fantastic Vietnamese.  Deepfried spicy tofu tossed with lemongrass and other exotica.  The tofu were little puff balls of perfect frying technique.  A thin layer of crunch that then exploded into a luscious soft cream.  I am drooling as I write this.  Then I had bun with charbroiled pork and crispy springrolls.  Ah, more drool.  The pork was an ungodly red color, but tasted like the little piggy had been forcefed ginger, garlic and chiles its whole piggy life.  How else could little bits of meat taste so intense.  So, I have found decent ethnic.  Yet the ultimate ethnic food eludes (and I blame only myself) - St. Louisian.  

Trip number two was more successful.  Red vines and Diet Dr. Pepper were purchased.  The fuel of all champion academics (so I tell myself).  And as we left, armageddon fell down upon us.  Like the wind picked up and blew off a stapler.  Yes, a stapler.  We made it back safe n' sound.

Now I'm off to enjoy this dark and brooding day.  By brooding in a dark way. 

1 comment:

Ivy / 林爱 said...

Diet Dr. Pepper? Please! "Mr. Pibb + red vines = crazy delicious."